Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Art of the Sample Sale

For cost conscious shoppers, the sample sale is a best friend.
I am always on the hunt for a good sample sale and have been to many all over NYC.
Although shopping these sales is sometimes insane, it really is the best way to get your hands on gently used or even brand new merchandise for dirt-cheap. 
(Well, compared to original prices)

Some of my favorite websites for keeping up with the sample sale scene are:
and
I also use the NYC Sample Sales iPhone app

Since for now, I'm not in New York full time, I check for sales whenever I know I'll be in the area.

Yesterday, my friend Lizzie and I hit the Theory / Helmut Lang sample sale at Clothing Line.
Clothing Line is on 36th between 7th and 8th Ave and holds sales for some major brands.

Here's what it looked like:




Everything was pretty much organized by style and size, so finding things wasn't too much of a dilemma. 

Word of advice: 
Wear layers when attending sample sales because there often is no dressing room, or one big dressing room for everyone.

Contrary to the crowds and long lines, Lizzie and I both made some awesome purchases.
My favorite purchase was a Helmut Lang oversize knit cardigan for $50. Original Price was $425.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment